About the Role
We are looking for someone to join our team as our HR Administrator.
Your most important task will be to deliver our employment ethos which is “going above and beyond”. We think working here should feel good, that all of our team should know that they are valued and needed and that we will always treat them fairly and well.
As part of this you will act as the first point of contact for all HR-related queries from our team and our managers. As well as giving HR advice and signposting further information you will maintain our personnel records, manage our HR database and all our HR documentation.
You will also have responsibility for keeping our policies and procedures up to date and compliant with employment law and best practice guidance. We’ll want you to keep thinking about how we can improve our people practices and where new ideas and initiatives will be good for our people and good for our business.
To that end you will be working with our external HR consultant on longer term projects around topics like values and performance and you will also have the opportunity to get involved in developing our people strategy.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is experienced in the administrator role and who would like the opportunity to further develop their skills and qualifications with a view to growing into the Internal HR Manager role. We’re happy to support the successful candidate in gaining or completing their CIPD qualifications and ongoing CPD.
The role is part time and site based, we’re happy to discuss working patterns that support work life balance.
Reporting to: Jamie Shawcross, Director.
Job description / main responsibilities
- To support the business by providing a comprehensive HR administration service.
- To act as a first point of contact for all HR queries.
- To be the primary contact and an administrator for queries on Citrus HR system and to assist in driving through the systems implementation.
- Ensure the HR Database accurately reflects current staff conditions and details. This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, annual leave and recording of sicknesses and other leave.
- To provide an effective Human Resources administration service relating to the employment lifecycle.
- Carry out all the administrative processes in the recruitment process, for example; prepare recruitment documents, organise recruitment time tables, draft and place adverts, log application forms, administer recruitment campaigns, sit on interview panels and administer assessments and tests.
- Ensure that necessary employment checks including right to work, qualification and medical checks and references are completed.
- Administer the induction process and support managers in ensuring successful onboarding, induction and training.
- Administer the probation process ensuring Managers know when review meetings need to take place.
- Ensure that all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly payroll run and submitted to the external payroll provider.
- Assist with the appraisal cycle, record completed appraisals and training needs.
- Provide day to day advice to Line Managers and Employees on general HR related queries, requests and Policies and Procedures, escalating more complex issues to the external HR Consultant.
- Assist in formal meetings, such as employee disciplinaries and grievances.
- Ensure exit interviews are conducted for all staff either face to face or electronically.
- Support the office with other general admin tasks as required.
- Ensure electronic and paper based personnel files are maintained and filing/archiving is completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the external HR consultant in developing and implementing new projects.
Skills / experience needed
- A good level of formal education including GCSE Maths and English is essential (Level 2).
- Good HR knowledge and experience working in a similar role.
- An excellent level of computer knowledge, keyboard skills and software (HR database and spreadsheet) expertise, Microsoft Word, Excel and databases are essential to enable report writing when required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise their own workload.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to quickly build effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Curious about the sector, keen to explore and learn more, able to translate this knowledge into better and more effective HR support.
Additional skills / experience welcomed
- CIPD qualification is desirable
- A knowledge of HR databases would be a distinct advantage
- Internal training design and delivery.
- Experience in textiles / bespoke manufacture.
What you’ll get
- £24 – £27k dependant on skills and experience (pro rated for agreed hours)
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Company NEST pension scheme
- Company healthcare scheme
- Generous staff discount
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Deadline: 19th August 2022
Fermoie is an innovative textile designer and manufacturer. We design print and sell beautiful bespoke fabrics and accessories.
We create original fabrics; from weaving, dying and inspirational first studio drawing to a unique take on original printing, alongside delightful home accessories which bring our fabrics to life.
Creative thinking, unparalleled care and the highest of quality are intrinsic in all we do. We are a small and close knit team, with our design and manufacturing operations located in Marlborough, and flagship showroom in London.
Watch our film
To learn more about us and what we do, take a look at our short film.