Fermoie is an innovative textile designer and manufacturer. We design print and sell beautiful bespoke fabrics and accessories.
We create original fabrics; from weaving, dying and inspirational first studio drawing to a unique take on original printing, alongside delightful home accessories which bring our fabrics to life.
Creative thinking, unparalleled care and the highest of quality are intrinsic in all we do. We are a small and close knit team, with our design and manufacturing operations located in Marlborough, and flagship showroom in London.
Reports to: Accessories Manager
Job description / main responsibilities
The Lampshade Technician role is a full-time role, sitting within our Lampshades Team and reporting into the Accessories Manager. The team are highly skilled, hand-making lampshades using traditional methods and bringing our beautiful fabrics to life. They create high-quality lampshades, to our high QC standards, with the minimum of waste.
The role involves working across all elements of lampshade production; from preparation through to QC and despatch, alongside maintaining production floor cleanliness and machine maintenance.
Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
Skills / experience needed
- Manual Dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Solution focused
- Ability to work at pace to targets
- Enthusiasm and drive
Additional skills / experience welcomed
- Production sewing / stitching experience
- Previous production experience
- Previous hand assembly experience
- Knowledge of fabric construction
- Fabric handling experience
- This role is a fabric-based production role involving a high level of manual dexterity.
- Our lampshade technicians use glue which can cause irritation for some people who have existing respiratory conditions.
What you’ll get
- £23.5k per year, rising to £24.5k upon passing your probation (usually 3 months)
- 25 days holiday
- Core working hours are : 7.45-4.15pm with 15 mins break and 30 mins lunch across the shift
- Company NEST pension scheme
- Private Healthcare upon passing your probation (usually 3 months)
Closing date: 24th October 2023
Watch our film
To learn more about us and what we do, take a look at our short film.